My car reaches the hotel where I want to put up.
I get out and go to the hotel office.
Here I ask if they can give me any accomodation.
«Certainly», answers the clerk, «we have got several rooms free».
«Would you like a suite or a single room?» he continues.
I say I should like a bedroom with a bath-room attached.
The clerk says he can give me such a room on the third floor.
I ask about the price of the room.
He informs me of it and soon everything is settled.
I hand in my passport, fill in an arrival form and get the key of my room.
Next I ask the hotel porter to carry my luggage to the room.
He does as requested.
I look at my room.
I like it very much.
It is very comfortable.
I can have a fine rest here.
I ring for the chambermaid and inquire about the meals at the hotel restaurant.
Next I obtain information about the hairdresser, about where I can have my boots cleaned, etc.
She answers all my questions.
There is a lot of time before dinner and so I settle down quietly to rest.
- Have you any rooms disengaged?
- Yes. We have separate rooms and suites.
- I want a room. On what floor have you got rooms?
- Third and fourth floor.
- You have a lift, of course.
- Then I should like a room on the fourth floor. I should like it to be1 on. the sunny side.
- Very good. We can give you a fine room on the sunny side with a separate bath-room attached.
- What is the price?
- Fifteen roubles a day.
- That suits me very well. I will take2 it.
- Would you mind giving me3 your passport and filling in this form?
- Not at all. Here you are.
- I should like the hotel porter to bring up my luggage.
- Certainly. The restaurant, the hairdresser, the reading-room are all on the ground floor.
- May I have my meals brought into my room?
- Certainly. The waiter will inform you of the time of the meals.
- You will, of course, keep the letters that come in for me. I shall inform my friends that I am staying at your hotel.
- Certainly. There is a telephone in every room and we have facilities5 for trunk-calls.
- That is very convenient. Thank you very much.
WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS