I am a turner. I work at a big plant.
Our plant is equipped with modern machines. I like my speciality very much.
The shop where I work often takes the first place in the Socialist emulation at the.plant.
Our plant usually fulfills the plan ahead of schedule-
I am also a student of an evening school for workers.
I go there three times a week after my work.
I study English there too.
I like the English language very much.
I try to study regularly and I hope that soon I shall learn to speak English well.
On the days when I have no classes I go to the cinema or the theatre.
Sometimes I spend the evening at home with my family.
- I have just finished middle school and I want to work at a plant.
- That is a very good idea. You may learn to become a turner like myself. It is a very good speciality.
- What can you tell me about the plant where you work?
- Our plant is very big. It is equipped with modern machines.
- Our plant very often fulfills the plan ahead of schedule.
- And what can you say about the shop where you work?
- The shop where I work often takes the first place in the Socialist emulation at the plant.
- It must be very pleasant to work at such a shop!
- Certainly it is. But everything depends on the workers themselves.
- What are your wages? (What do you earn?).
- My wages are (I earn) twelve thousand rubles a month. I am a qualified turner.
- Please tell me, what do you do after working hours?
- Three times a week I attend an evening school for workers. I want to become an engineer.
- You must be very busy! Have you time for the cinema, theatre or concerts?
- Of course I have. I go to the theatre on my days off. I like music very much and I often go to concerts. Besides I study English.
- Do you know English well already?
- No, I can't say so. But I try to study regularly and I hope that soon I shall learn to speak English well
WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS