We have recently received a new flat. It is a fine flat indeed.
We have a living-room, two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bath-room and a lavatory.
In the living-room we have our meals and gather in the evening.
In the kitchen mother cooks the food. Of course we have running water, a gas range and electric light.
We also use electricity for our vacuum cleaner, refrigerator, for ironing clothes, etc.
In the living-room there is a big table, a cupboard, a sofa, an armchair and many chairs, etc.
On the beds there are big soft pillows with neat pillowcases, blankets and bedclothes.
In every room we have a number of pictures on the walls.
Besides, in the living-room yon can see a number of photos of all our relatives.
A radio-receiver stands on a special little table. WTe enjoy listening-in to the radio.
A few days ago we bought a TV set and yesterday we all came together to see the program televised (the TV program),
- May I know where you live?
- Lenin street 110, flat 7.
- Have you got1 a flat there?
- Yes, we have. We've recently got a flat there.
- And when did you move in, I wonder?
- Only a fortnight ago.
- And where did you live before?
- Oh, we had quite decent rooms, but it was in an old house, which was to be pulled down.
- Of course you find your new accomodation much better?
- Certainly. Our flat is on the third floor3 and it overlooks a fine public garden with beautiful lime-trees and lots of flowers.
- You have got all the services in your new flat, haven't you?
- Yes, we have electricity, gas. running water, a radio set, a refrigerator: in fact everything.
- I suppose you had to buy some new furniture for the new flat?
- In fact we bought quite a lot of pieces of furniture: a sofa, two bookcases, six chairs and a big new bed.
- Where did you get it all?
- Well, there's a furniture shop in the block where we live.
- And how did you have it all brought4 to your flat?
- We took a lorry. Of course the distance is quite small, but we could not carry it all on our shoulders.
WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS